Things I Still or Will Do...
The following was paid for by John Brodigan for a Better America
This was "borrowed" by my Deputy Chief of Staff, Halden Johnson. It's a nice companion piece to my bit on being Forever Youngish
So apparently MSN’s Men’s Lifestyle has some tips for those unfortunate souls that are 30 and up. The list details 59 things a man should NOT do past the age of 30, many of which I still or would very likely still do.
1. Coin his own nickname.
4. Hacky sack.
8. Ask a policeman, "You ever shoot anybody with that thing?"
13. Tap on the glass.
14. Shout out a response to "Are you ready to rock?"
18. Jokingly flash gang signs while posing for wedding photos.
19. Give shout-outs.
20. Use numbers in place of words or locations, such as "the 411" for information, or "the 313" for Detroit.
24. Compare the trajectory of his life with those of the characters in Billy Joel's "Scenes from an Italian Restaurant."
26. Air drum.
28. Eat Oreo cookies in stages.
30. Sleep on a bare mattress.
31. End a conversation with "later skater."
32. Hold his lighter up at a concert.
33. Publicly greet friends by shouting, "What's up, you whore?"
34. Wear Converse All Stars with a tuxedo.
37. Call "shotgun" before getting in a car.
38. Dispute someone else's call of "shotgun."
40. Mist up during Aerosmith's "Dream On."
41. Purchase fireworks.
42. Google the word vagina.
46. Organize a party bus.
47. Say "two points" every time he throws something in the trash.
48. Buy a novelty postcard in another country of topless women on a beach and write, "Wish you were here" on it.
49. Keg stands.
51. The John Travolta point-to-the-ceiling-point-to-the-floor dance move; also that one from Pulp Fiction.
52. Put less than ten dollars' worth of gas in the tank.
54. Read The Fountainhead.
55. Watch the Pink Floyd laser light show at a planetarium.
56. Refer to his girlfriend's breasts as "the twins."
59. Say goodbye to anyone by tapping his chest and even so much as whispering, "Peace out."